GL Control Account Analysis
This GL Control Account Analysis lists all sub ledgers that post to a general ledger account. The report lists the balance from the General Ledger account and the balances from the attached sub-ledgers.
The report lists all sub-ledgers under each Materials Post to account. This report will not produce useful dollar information in the following situations:
The post to number from the sub-ledger is overridden and changed during data entry
The Post to Materials and Labor GL's are different
In the above situations the report will show you the GL's and the SL's that post to them. The materials GL is the only one used for this report.
This report can be used to verify that SL's are in balance with the GL control if the SL's are used in the traditional configuration.
Enter Starting G/L Control Account :
- Enter the GL control account where you want the report to start. <Enter> if you want the report to start at the first control account on file.
Enter Ending G/L Control Account :
- Enter the GL control account where you want the report to stop to accept the default control account. The default control account is the same account you entered as the control account to start reporting at.
New Page for Each Control Account
- Enter N to stop the report from starting a new page every time the GL control account changes.
- Enter Y if you want a new page started every time the GL control account changes.
Number of Lines Between Detail
This prompt allows you to tell the report how many blank lines to print between each line of S/L detail. The default is '' (meaning no blank lines printed).
- Enter a number between 1 and 3 that represents the number of blank lines you want printed between lines of detail.
Include Current Balances
- Enter Y to include current balances on the report.
- Enter N if you don't want current balances on the report.
Include Commitment Balances
- Enter Y to include commitment amounts on the report.
- Enter N if you don't want commitment balances on the report
Year to Run For:
- Accept default, to run the report for the current accounting year.
- Enter the 4 characters that represent the year for which you want to run the report.