Employee Expense Reimbursment Forms (20.11+ only)
On this page:
This section of the documentation describes the Advanced Workflow Feature available in versions 20.11 for entering and approving employee expense reimbursements through EAC. This functionality provides the following features:
- Expense reimbursement requests entered, edited, and submitted through EAC.
- Complete the approval process in EAC.
Employee Expense Entry Form
Menu Path: Employee Access Center > Employee Tasks > Expense > Create Expense Request
The Employee Expense Entry Form allows employees with access to EAC to enter, edit, and submit requests for expense reimbursements. These requests, when approved, convert to payable entries and issue checks for the Vendor ID associated with the employee.
Create an Expense Request
- Choose the Create Expense Request page.
- Complete the necessary fields on the page.
- If the Expense Form requires multiple line items, click Add Row to add a new line item.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Click Save. This saves the expense form as a draft that can be reviewed and finished later, if necessary.
- Click Submit to send the expense form for approval.
General Information Fields
|Expense Type||Select the expense type.|
|Description||Enter a description of the expense.|
|Start Date||Enter the start date when the expense was incurred.|
|End Date||Enter the end date when the expense was incurred.|
|Destination City||For travel expenses, enter the destination city.|
|Destination State||For travel expenses, enter the destination state.|
Line Item Fields
|Expense Date||Enter the dates for line-item expenses.|
|Expense Category||Select the expense category.|
|Units||Enter the number of units.|
|Cost Per Unit||This field auto-populates based on the Units entered and the Expense Category selected.|
|Estimated Cost||Enter the estimated cost of the expense.|
|Actual Cost||This field auto-populates based on calculated costs from Units and Cost Per Unit.|
|Budget||Select the appropriate Budget Unit associated with the expense.|
|Account||Select the appropriate Account associated with the selected Budget Unit for the expense.|
|Project||Select the appropriate Project associated with the selected Budget Unit for the expense.|
|Advances||Select Y or N to indicate if an advance is being requested or not.|
|Reimbursable||Select Y or N to indicate if the expense is reimbursable or not.|
|Attachments||Select any receipts or supporting documents to attach. This field may be required if the selected Expense Category reference table is configured to require attachments.|
|Comments||Enter any additional comments.|
|Total Estimated Cost||Auto-populated field based on calculation from the total cost of all line items.|
|Total Advance Amount||Auto-populated field that displays the total of all expense line items where the Advances field is selected.|
|Total Reimbursable Amount||Auto-populated field that displays the total of all expense line items where the Reimbursable field is selected.|
|Total Non-Reimbursable Amount||Auto-populated field that displays the total of all expense line items where the Reimbursable field is not selected.|
Expense List Page
Menu Path: Employee Access Center > Employee Tasks > Expense
This page displays the history of expense reimbursement requests made by an employee. The expense list gives the status of each expense reimbursement request. Employees can also view all attachments.
View the Expense List:
- Choose the Expense List page.
- View the status of the expense forms on the List page. Use the navigation bar at the bottom of the page to view older expense forms.
- Select the Expense Report ID to view the Expense Detail page. This displays expense reimbursement requests with the following statuses:
- In progress
- Click Attachments to view any receipts or supporting documentation.
- Hover over Status to view comments, if given, by the approvers.
Displays the status of the expense reimbursement form:
|Expense Report ID||The unique ID assigned to an expense reimbursement form when it is created.|
|Expense Type||The expense type for the reimbursement form.|
|Description||The description entered for the expense reimbursement form.|
|Creation Date||The date the expense reimbursement form was created.|
|Expense Amount||The total reimbursable amount.|
|Attachments||Receipts and supporting documents attached to the expense reimbursement form.|
Expense Detail Page - Entry
Menu Path: Employee Access Center > Employee Tasks > Expense > Expense Report ID
This page displays all the information for a selected expense reimbursement form. It also displays the status of the approved and denied expense reimbursement forms.
This page includes the following three sections:
- Staus Bar - Gives the status in the form of a banner for approved and denied expenses.
- General Information - Information about the Name of the requester, Start Date, Department, End Date, Expense Type, Description, Location, Destination, Fiscal Year, Advanced Check Number, Expense Check Number, and Purchase Order Number.
- Expense Summary - Information about the expense line items for Expense Date, Expense Category, Units, Cost, Estimated Cost, Actual Cost, Budget Unit, Account, Project, Advance Flag, Reimbursement Flag, Attachments, and Comments.
Menu Path: Student Activities > Entry & Processing > Student Activities > Student Activities List
This page displays the list of all student clubs and organizations in the district that have been created in the Student Activities module. This page serves as the central location for entering, tracking, and reviewing fiscal activity for student clubs and organizations. Use this page to post transactions to the General Ledger, print/void checks, generate reports, and transfer funds between clubs or organizations.
You can use the Search and Filter options to locate and view specific student activities