On this page:
This section covers what your district, administrators, and IT staff need to get started with the eFinancePLUS Employee App.
What are the features of the eFinancePLUS Employee App?
The features of the eFinancePLUS Employee App include:
- Availability for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Design for mobile devices, supported on tablets as well.
- Data security between your device and eFinancePLUS.
- Easy download and installation.
- Support for searching for district by geographic location or name.
- The ability for districts to customize the app features.
- An Employee Directory for your district, with the ability to tap an employee phone number and email addresses to call, text, or send an email. Also allows users to configure how their information will appear in the Employee Directory.
- Display of PLUS 360 notifications in the app.
- Configurable disclaimer messages to be displayed to users on most app screens.
- Support for links to additional resources and district news items within the app.
- The ability for users to view and update their contact information, emergency contact information, physician information, and electronic form consent.
- The ability for users to view their latest paycheck, as well as access a paycheck history to view past paychecks.
- The ability for users to view salary, deductions, and benefits information, as well as add new direct deposit deductions.
- The ability for users to view W2s and tax information.
- The ability for users to submit new leave requests, view current leave banks and pending requests, and view leave in a monthly calendar view.
What does a district need to use the app?
Your district needs to meet the following requirements before employees can use the app:
- eFinancePLUS version 5.0 or above. To use the Notifications component of the app, the district must be running eFinancePLUS version 5.0 SP1 or above.
- Database updates must be installed in addition to stored procedures that are used to transfer data back and forth, and which will be used to assist with security and authentication.
- eFinancePLUS software update installation which includes the Employee App Configuration menu options.
- The "Connector" database must be installed.
- The Mobile Connector Admin tools must be installed on the app server.
What does a user need to run the eFinancePLUS Employee App?
To use the app, the user needs:
- A supported device. The app was developed for iOS and Android devices.
- Your school district name or a nearby zip code in order to search for and select your district. The district must be within 100 miles of the zip code or the user's current GPS location.
- A user ID and password for Employee Access Center, or an Active Directory login if your district uses Active Directory. The user can also use an email to log in, if your district is configured to allow email address as a user ID.
- Internet access through WiFi or the carrier's cellular network.
Finally, the user needs to download and install the app. Here’s where to get the app for free:
- For iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone, use App Store.
- For Android devices, use Google Play Store app.
To quickly find the app, search for: eFinancePLUS.
How is data secured on the device?
Limited data is cached on the device while it is in use. It is only available to the eFinancePLUS Employee App.
How is data secured over the air?
All communication between the device and the server is done via HTTPS.
How does the district configure the options that display in the app?
The eFinancePLUS Employee App app uses the Employee App Configuration in eFinancePLUS to determine the features and information that display in the app.
Use the Deduction Frequencies option to affect the:
- Deduction frequencies as used in the calculation for the user's deductions and benefits information.
Use the Disclaimers option to affect the:
- Disclaimer message that appears on most screens in the app. Based on the identifier, a unique message can be set for most screens.
Use the Extended Deduction Information option to affect the:
- Settings for the direct deposit deduction in the app.
Use the New Items option to affect the:
- District news items headline and information.
- Effective and expiration dates for each news item.
Use the Profile option to affect:
- The options that display for users in the app.
- Direct deposit settings.
- Settings for deduction information and calculation.
- Employee directory settings.
- Email address settings for emails sent from various options within the app.
- What information can be seen and updated on an employee's profile.
- How leave banks display in the app and configuration settings for the leave calendar.
- Login settings for users.
- Workflow URL configuration.
- Electronic form consent settings.
- Which paychecks display and how they are displayed.
- Settings for salary and benefits information and calculation.
- Which categories of tax information display in the app.
Use the Resources option to affect the:
- Web address, title, and sort order for the district resources.
Use the Tax Filing Types option to affect the:
- Descriptions of the Filing Statuses as displayed in the app on the Tax Withholding screen.
How does the district control employee access to the app?
Access to the app is granted to users depending on the district's configuration. If the user has an EAC login and password, they will be able to log in to the app using those credentials. Using the Employee App Configuration, you can configure the app to allow Active Directory users to log in. You can also determine whether or not terminated employees will be allowed to log in.
The district can configure password requirements for the app. If a user has an EAC or other password that does not adhere to the requirements, they will be able to continue to use that password. If they change their password or submit a forgot password request, the new password will have to be within the district's parameters.
What does a district using Active Directory need to do?
If your district uses Active Directory, there are a few differences when using the eFinancePLUS Employee App:
- Ensure the eFinancePLUS Employee App Configuration > Profile settings for Allow Active Directory Login (12125) is set to Y-Yes to allow users to login with their active directory credentials.
- Ensure the eFinancePLUS Employee App Configuration > Profile setting for Path to LDAP Directory (12126) is configured.
- Ensure the eFinancePLUS Employee App Configuration > Profile setting for Active Directory Domain Short Name (12194) is configured.
- Ensure the eFinancePLUS Employee App Configuration > Profile setting for Using MS Active Directory (12178) is set to Y-Yes.
- Ensure the eFinancePLUS Employee App Configuration > Profile setting for Name of Active Directory Domain (12127) is configured.
If you are a user and your district uses Active Directory:
- You will use your Active Directory username and password to log into the eFinancePLUS Employee App.
- You will not be able to use the Forgot Password? function on the Login screen.
- You will not have the Change Password? option on the Navigation screen.
What does the district need to display notifications in the app?
The eFinancePLUS Employee App includes a Notifications option that allows employees to see PLUS 360 notifications just as they would while using the eFinancePLUS software. They will still receive notifications as they have configured - such as an email or an alert, but they can also see this information in the app. To use this feature, the district needs to have the following steps completed:
- Have eFinancePLUS 5.0 SP1 or above.
- Notifications configured in the eFinancePLUS software.
Employees do not need to change their subscription settings in order to get notifications on the app. If these requirements are met, notifications will be created the next time they would normally received an alert. A notification record is created for an employee who has subscribed to the alert and will be visible in the app.
Is there a timeout period for the eFinancePLUS Employee Mobile App?
Your organization specifies the timeout period for the eFinancePLUS Employee App using the Mobile Connector Admin tool. By default, the timeout period is 15 minutes. If no action is taken in this time the user will be returned to the Login screen when they next access the app.