On this page:
GradeCam is a third-party scan sheet and scoring tool. To use GradeCam, you must first enable the option via test settings. Then you will use the GradeCam interface to capture and score scan sheets.
To use GradeCam, the test must meet the following requirements:
- All questions on the test must be multiple choice.
- Each question must have between two and nine answer choices.
- The answer choices must contain only A-Z, 0-9, +, -, *, /, or .
Answer Sheet Requirements
- A maximum of one answer sheet per student is allowed for GradeCam scoring, so the number of questions on the test must not exceed one printed scan sheet.
- Student IDs must be between 3 and 10 digits.
- Both the length of the Student ID and the length of the Answer Set (for example ABCDE) impact the maximum number of questions that will print on one answer sheet.
A minimum of four answer choice bubbles are printed for each question. Bubbles that are not valid answer choices are automatically crossed out when using answer sets of two or three choices.
- Each answer sheet must have at least four valid answer choice bubbles. This means there must be at least two questions on the test in the case of questions with less than four valid answer choices, such as TF (True/False), YN (Yes/No), or ABC, for example.
If your district uses GradeCam, it will appear as an option in your scan sheet settings for a test window.
- Search for the desired test and select Edit.
- Click on the Administration tab.
- Select the current test administration window.
- Ensure the Scan Sheets checkbox is selected.
- Click on Scan Sheets.
- Select GradeCam. You cannot select both GradeCam and Performance Matters scan sheets.
- Save the test.
- If the question format does not meet GradeCam requirements, a message will list the errors such as question type, answer sets, missing bubbles, or missing correct answers, for example.
Printing Scan Sheets
You can download and print your scan sheets in any one of the following ways. As long as you have selected GradeCam in your test administration window settings, the downloaded sheets will be in GradeCam format.
- Use Proctoring available in the test administration window.
- Use the release icon available in Test Center.
Reusable Scan Sheets
You can use reusable GradeCam sheets in order to reduce the need for printing scan sheets for each assessment. In order to use this feature, you can print a blank GradeCam scan sheet and laminate it. The students will bubble in their responses with markers that can be erased after the responses have been captured. Each test must be set up to follow the GradeCam requirements (See Enable GradeCam)
Create the Reusable Form
To create the Reusable Scan Sheets, follow these steps:
- Select Tests > GradeCam from the main navigation menu.
- In the center of the screen, there is a box titled Scan Results. Select Print reusable form. A new dialogue box will open. Select the following:
- Choose the number of questions.
- Choose the answer set.
- Click Cancel to close out of the dialogue box.
- Click Generate form to download the form.
- Once you generate the form, it will automatically download. (If your form does not automatically download, check for pop up blockers.)
Scan the Form
When scanning the sheets, follow these steps:
- Click Reusable Form for the Scan sheet type.
- You will then select the following:
- Choose the test for which you will be scanning responses.
- Choose the appropriate test event for this test.
- The number of questions will automatically update with the total number of questions on the test.
- The remaining steps of the scanning process are in Scanning and Scoring Answers from Step 3 and on.
Scanning and Scoring Answers
Once a test has been administered using GradeCam scan sheets, the results are captured and scored following these steps. Tests scored with GradeCam will appear in all reports after 15 minutes, just like tests scored via OLA or Scanview,
- To access the GradeCam tool, select Tests > Scoring - GradeCam from the main navigation menu.
- Indicate whether or not this is a reusable form. If it is a reusable form, see Scan the Form. If it is not a reusable form, select Single Test Form and enter the number of questions.
When you first access the page, you have the option of installing the GradeCam plugin or continuing without it. Make your choice in the Active camera window.
- Once you've selected an option, the camera will become active. Simply hold each completed scan sheet in view of the camera to capture its image and score the assessment.
The results will appear in the Scan results section, with incorrect answers highlighted. The student names and scores will appear in the Scanned Tests section.
- Repeat the process until all scan sheets have been captured and scored.