Take Multi-Day Attendance
On the Multi-Day attendance page, you can enter attendance for a specified date range or reporting term.
- On the start page, click the Multi-Day (grid) icon next to the class for which you want to record attendance. The Record Meeting Attendance [Section] page appears. By default, the Multi-Day Attendance tab appears selected.
Note: Click the Multi-Day tab if the Multi-Day Attendance page does not appear.
Use the following table to enter information in the fields:
Select the attendance code from the pop-up menu.
Note: To enter attendance all students using the day of the week buttons, an attendance code other than blank (Present) must be selected.
- Click Edit. The Update Date Range pop-up appears.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Range, enter the date range for which you want to enter attendance, or click the Calendar icon to select a date.
- Select Reporting Term to choose the term from the pop-up menu.
- Click Update to change the attendance date.
If you have more than one section of this class, click Show Multiple Sections to combine the students from multiple sections of this class into one attendance view. Click Show Single Section to return to a single section view.
Do one of the following:
- Click Display to show teacher comments in the attendance grid.
- Click Hide to not show teacher comments in the attendance grid.
Select the Interval or Period from the pop-up menu.
Note: This field is only visible if the attendance method has been enabled for the section or sections that display.
- To enter an attendance code for all students, click the day of the week (S, M, T, W, T, F, S) for which you want to enter the attendance code.
Note: Attendance codes that have already been entered are not overwritten. However, if the attendance code is a blank (Present), it will be overwritten.
- Use one of the following methods to enter the applicable attendance code:
- Click in the field next to the student's name to enter the attendance code you selected from the Attendance Code pop-up menu. Use the pop-up menu to select a different attendance code, if needed.
- Double-click in a field and select the code from the pop-up menu. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through the list.
- Click in a field and type the attendance code directly in the field.
- When an attendance code is entered, a comment icon appears. Click the icon to enter an attendance comment on the Edit Comments pop-up. Click OK to enter the comment for the student's attendance record.
- Click Submit.