Personal Account (Students): Settings
On this page
Your Account Settings enable you to set different preferences for your personal interface and how your account relates to other users. To get to Account Settings, click the down-facing arrow in the upper right corner of your Schoology page, and select Settings.
Edit Your Name
Depending on the permissions enabled for your account, you can change the name you display to other Schoology users. Select the down-facing arrow at the top right of Schoology and select Settings. The display names you can customize may include:
- Title: This refers to any prefix you want to include in your name (Mr., Mrs., Ms.,etc.).
- First Name: This field should already include the name with which you signed up for Schoology.
- Preferred First Name: If your organization's system administrator has enabled this permission, you can choose a different name to display wherever your name appears, either by itself or in addition to the name in the First Name field.
- Middle Name: This field may already be filled, though it is not required.
- Last Name: This field should already include the name with which you signed up for Schoology.
- Username: This field is necessary for users who sign into Schoology using a Username. Users may sign up for Schoology with either a username or an email address.
Primary and Secondary Email Addresses
- Primary Email: This field lists the email address under which you are registered in Schoology. All designated Notifications are sent to this email address. You may also log in to Schoology using this email address.
- Alternate Email: This field lists an optional, secondary email address. Notifications are also sent to this email address.
If your Schoology account is not currently set to the correct timezone, you can correct it by scrolling through the drop-down menu.
Once you have adjusted the settings, don’t forget to click Save Changes to complete.
Depending on the way you log in, your login information displays either your email or your school and username information.
You can create a new password by following these steps:
- Click the down-facing arrow in the top right of the page next to your name.
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Change your password link underneath Account Password.
- Type in your current password.
- Type in your new password and confirm it (must be different than the current one).
- Click Submit to complete.
Share Your Schoology Calendar
You can access your Schoology calendar information from a different calendar program by enabling this option in your Account Settings. Once enabled, Schoology provides an iCal link that enables you to share your Schoology Calendar with the calendar tool of your choice. Below are instructions for sharing your calendar:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Calendar.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Paste the link copied above into the Server field.
- Tap Next to complete.
Outlook 2007/2010 (has native iCal support)
- Email the link copied above to the account you check on Outlook.
- Click the webcal link in the email on Outlook.
- An Outlook box should appear asking you to Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and Subscribe to Updates.
- Click Yes, and the calendar is automatically added to Outlook.
Google Calendar & Android Devices
- Sign in to your Google Calendar account.
- In My Calendars, click the + icon and select From URL.
- Paste the link copied above into the URL of calendar field.
- Click Add calendar to complete.
- Sign in to your Windows Live account.
- Go to Calendar.
- Click Discover Calendars.
- In Import Calendar on the left, click From Web.
- In the Link to Calendar field, paste the URL copied above.
- In the Calendar Name field, enter a name for the calendar.
- Click Import.
- Open Calendar.
- Click File at the top and select New Calendar Subscription.
- Paste the URL copied above.
- Click Subscribe.
- Adjust the name, location, and other settings.
- Click Ok to complete.
If you have another account in Schoology, you can link your accounts to toggle between them from the down-facing arrow on the top right of Schoology. By keeping both accounts, and linking them together, you can access all content from a single login.
To link an account, follow these steps:
- Click the down-facing arrow in the upper right of the account you'd like to keep primary (you will be using this account to log in to Schoology).
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll near the bottom of the Account Settings page and click Link Accounts.
- Enter the Email or Username of the account at the other school.
- Enter the Password of the other account.
- Click Link Account to complete.
Select a Primary email address for linked accounts
A list of your primary account and linked account(s) appears in the Link Account area upon completion. If you have multiple primary email addresses for these accounts, enable the feature to Select a primary email address. This feature enables email notifications for each linked account to go to the primary email address listed in this area.
If you have a duplicate account on Schoology, you can merge your old account into your current account. Keep in mind that by doing this, the merged account will be deleted after all your created content is moved into the current account.
To merge an account, follow these steps:
- Log in to the account you plan to keep.
- Click the down-facing arrow in the upper right of the page and select Settings.
- Scroll near the bottom of the Account Settings page.
- Click Merge Accounts.
- Enter the Email or Username and the Password of the desired account.
- Click Validate Account, and wait for the merge to complete.
Set the default home page for your account to display Recent Activity or the Course Dashboard.
- Click the down-facing arrow in the upper right corner of your account and select Settings.
- Scroll down to Other Options at the bottom of the page.
- Under Set Home Page To:—select Recent Activity or Course Dashboard.
- Click Save Changes to apply.