Parent Messaging in Schoology
On this page:
Depending on the personal privacy settings, parents can send a message to another parent or students in Schoology. For Enterprise users, system-wide Permissions and Privacy Overrides can also determine who can send and receive messages in Schoology.
The ability to receive messages is controlled at the account level. The available privacy levels may be restricted due to system-level Privacy Overrides for Enterprise users.
- Click the down-facing arrow in the top right corner of Schoology.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Privacy Settings tab.
Adjust your Messaging privacy to the desired level.
- Click Save Changes.
System Admins at Enterprise organizations can configure user messaging permissions to determine which roles can send and receive messages.
- Click Tools at the top of the page.
- Select User Management from the drop-down menu.
- Click Permissions in the navigation menu.
- Scroll to the Users section of the Permissions page.
- Under Messaging, check the box next to Send private messages to non-faculty to allow users to send messages to other parents and students. To prevent the Parent role from messaging students and parents, clear this box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save permissions.