Course Materials: Media Albums
On this page
Create Course Media Albums
Create albums to organize photos, videos, and/or audio files for your course. Photos can be cropped and rotated after you add them. You may allow commenting on each item within an album. You can also tag users in your uploaded photos, or allow students to upload and tag media as well.
Creating Media Albums
To create a Media Album:
- From the course Materials page, click Add Materials.
- Select Add Media Album.
- Fill out the Media Album form with a title and description.
- Use Options to:
- Individually assign (Enterprise only) the album to one or more students.
- Publish the album so that it is accessible to the members of your course.
- Enable comments so members of your course are able to post comments on the media album.
- Allow Instructors and Students to Add Media, or limit this ability to instructors only.
- Copy the media album to another course you administer.
- Use Options to:
- Click Create to complete.
After the media album is created, you can add different kinds of media to it at any point in time, just like a folder. Click Attach Files to add media from your computer’s hard drive
Supported File Types
GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG
3G2, 3GP, ASF, AVI, CAF, FLV, M2V, M4A, M4V, MOV, MP3, MP4, MPG, RM, SWF, WM, WMA, WMV
Editing Media Albums
To add media at a later date, click into the media album and select Add Media.
To edit a media album or its contents, from the media album profile, select the gear icon.
Add captions to all of your photos at once from the gear icon and select Edit Media.
Alternatively, click individual photos in the album to open the photo and edit photos one at a time. Use the tools to add captions, rotate the photo, and tag people:
Drag and Drop
To change the order your photos appear in your album, click and hold a photo and then drag it to the desired location: