Add Children Associations (Parents)
On this page:
How do I add additional children to my account?
If you already have a parent account in Schoology for a child, you can add additional children that belong to the same district to your account:
- Log in to your Schoology account using your username or email address and password.
- Click the arrow next to your name in the top-right corner.
- Click the Add Child button.
- Enter the Child Code for the child you're adding. This is the same as your Parent Access Code, the 12-digit code in a xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you received from one of your child's instructors.
- If your code does not look like this code, contact your child's instructor or school.
- Click Use Code to complete.
How do I add another child to my account that belongs to a different school district?
If your children attend different schools that are not in the same district (or are not part of the same Schoology Enterprise account), you will see the following error message when you attempt to use the Add Child option to associate your parent account with their student account:
Parents must have an account at each of their children's schools if they are not part of the same district. For example, if you have one child at a high school in one district, and another child at a middle school in a different district, you must have accounts at both districts.
Parents can complete the association process by registering for a new Schoology parent account within the child's school. After you complete this step, you can link your current parent account to your new account.
To register for a new account:
- When you try to add a child that attends a school in another district, a form displays to register for a new account. The Child Code and your information should already be populated on this form.
Enter the email address or username you'd like associated with your new account.
- Enter a password for your new account. Make sure you keep your password in a safe and secure place so that you can retrieve it if you forget it.
- Click Register to complete.
Once you complete the registration, you're taken automatically to your new account. This new account is also automatically associated with your child. Since you now have two Schoology accounts, one for each child, you should link your accounts to access both children from the same login.
When your parent accounts are linked, you can select a primary email address from your Account Settings to receive all the Schoology notifications to one email account.