Recalculate Final Grades and Refresh Assignment Scores
Use this feature to recalculate final grades for one or more classes.
Although final grades in Unified Classroom are calculated automatically, you can force a recalculation, if necessary. Use the recalculate feature after making significant changes, such as adding multiple assignment scores for students who transferred from another class.
If the reporting term or class is locked, grades will not be updated if you recalculate final grades.
You can also refresh assignment scores and special grades. For example, refreshing scores may be needed if a grade scale change is made after assignments have been scored.
- On the navigation menu, select Grading > Grades, or on the Student Detail page, click the Assignments tab, then click Edit Scores.
- Click the gear in the upper right corner of the page, and choose Recalculate Final Grades.
- Use the Select Classes menu to select one or more classes.
- Check the type of grades you want recalculated.
- To update existing assignment scores, click Advanced Options, then select the Refresh Assignment Scores checkbox.
- Click Recalculate.