CALPADS Processing and Reporting
The California Department of Education (CDE) uses three methods for processing records:
- Transaction Processing: Districts only submit records that have been updated since the last submission to CALPADS.
- Effective Date Processing: Districts only submit records that have been updated since the last submission to CALPADS.
- Replacement Processing: All records are submitted to the CDE regardless of changes.
To track updates, extract results are saved in the CALPADS Submission History table in PowerSchool as a snapshot of data submitted to CALPADS. The next time the extract is run using Submission report mode, records are only extracted if data in operational key and/or updateable fields differs from the results in the CALPADS Submission History table.
For more information regarding CALPADS processing, see:
- Prerequisite Tasks
- Order of Operation
- Processing Methods
- Understanding Operational Keys and Updatable Fields
- Working with Report Date Ranges
- Comparing Extracts in PowerSchool to CALPADS ODS Option
- Tracking CALPADS Submission Updates
- Index of Extracts' Processing Types and Operational Keys
Or, the system documentation on the CDE website (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/sp/cl/systemdocs.asp).